Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

How can a scar above my lip be remove

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 243 Questions
I am a male residing in bangalore. In childhood I had fallen on ground hurting my face. I have a scratch on above my lip .. I am unable to sport a mustache free look cos of advise how can I get rid of this? would be a plastic surgery do? If yes what would be the cost? Can mush grow incase plastic surgery is done as I would keep changing my looks.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 22 minutes later
Hi! Mustaf,
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Yes, Plastic Surgery would definitely give you good results. And of course you would be able to grow a moustache after Plastic Surgery.
As for the cost it is a very difficult question. There will be a institute to institute and individual to individual variation. It is not an essential surgery but a cosmetic one. The cost would be reasonable in a public hospital. But not many public hospitals would do such cosmetic surgery. It would be done mainly in private hospitals where the cost would be quite high. A reasonable estimate would be between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000.
Also it would not be covered under mediclaim.
Waiting eagerly for your follow-up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor