How can a lump on the clavicle be treated?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: lump on clavicle adjacent to a lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Pls share further details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I can only understand that patient is suffering from lymphoma. Please share further details.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 13 minutes later
Boney lump on clavicle appeared about two weeks ago and when having my dermatologist appointment for the unresolved basal cell carcinoma, I showed it to her and asked what to do. Her answer was to return to the orthopedic surgeon that did arthroscopic surgery on both shoulders for further consideration. I am confused about the information the dermatologist gave me? Shouldn't she biopsy the lymphoma?

Thank you for your time and consideration. Did you receive the additional information? Asking if the dermatologist should have biopsied the lymphoma?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. So a ct scan and biopsy is required

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I understand your concern. So a ct scan of the area followed by a biopsy is required to diagnose any lump. Dermatologist is not the right person to order a biopsy of such lesion so she is right in referring you. Please visit a orthopedician or a surgeon for these investigations.
Further management will be as per the reports.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy