• question-icon

How can a concussion be treated?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: what do you do for someone who had a concussion 3 days ago?

Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Only rest.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

Since 3 days have already gone the period of observation for major complications like brain bleeds has passed, there is not much worry on that regard.
That being said concussion patients continue to have some symtoms for weeks, even months at times, such as headache, fatigue, concentration and memory issues etc. There is not a specific medication for that (apart from the occasional over the counter pain killer for headache like Ibuprofen), the best aid is rest. By that I do not mean simply physical but also psychological rest, avoid reading or watching a TV/PC screen for long times, regular sleeping hours, avoid stress when ossible etc. That is the best one can do, the rest will be done by time.

I remain at your disposal for other questions.
Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist