• question-icon

How can a Baker's cyst on the back of the knee be treated?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi! I have a Bakers Cyst in the back of my left knee. I had knee surgery on March 13, 2017. I had the cyst before the surgery. Now the doctor wants to do knee replacement. is that necessary to get rid of the cyst? Is there a better way?
Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cyst alone can be removed.

Detailed Answer:
A baker's cyst can be removed surgically if it is a large one and is causing you a discomfort. A knee replacement is not needed only for the cyst. in case the knee joint has undergone arthritic changes only then a replacement is necessary.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon