Ho to do familiy planning when suffering from diabetes?

Endocrinologist
Question
Hello Doctor
My husband is diabetic .What pre planning we need to do before doing family planning??
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing in particular.

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma'm,

I understand your concern.

Your husband must be type 2 diabetic and on tablets. In that case you do not need to worry much. Males in particular are not subjected to oral pills like women for family planning so there are no drug interactions or drug side effects.

Therefore you can choose any method of family planning which suits you mutually.

Yes one word of caution is excessive exertion might cause low blood sugars so keep extra snack handy.

Regards!