History of digestive problem. Blood test and ultrasound done. Having pain in penis. Kidney cancer?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Cancer
Question: I have a history of digestive problem nothing serius. A year ago I had a gout attac, Blood test reviled my white blood cell T ware low second test reviled it was normal my ALT was little high second test revilled it was normal, all the test found Uric Acid was high. Ultra Sound was done for my liver it was fine. Six month ago I felt a stone came out with my urin. I took no gout medication as my GP ask me to try diat. Recently I had pain around my penas and felt burning sensation went to doctor at the hospital they found no infaction but only 1+ blood in the test. I am getting further test of my urin and ultrasound of my Kidney and blooder. I have pain sometime at lower back, and my XXXXXXX make noises may be dont eat full. I am now very worrried. Is it kidney cancer or blodder cancer please help.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query

Why are you thinking that you have cancer?

Cancer is one of the causes for burning maturation and blood in urine but it is not the only cause. Usually in cancer pain is not the symptom. Some of the causes for blood in urine are:
1.     Kidney stones
2.     Infections of the urinary tract (UTIs) or genitals
3.     Blockage of the urinary tract, usually the urethra
4.     Cancer of the kidney, bladder, or prostate
5.     Kidney disease
6.     Blood-clotting disorders
7.     Injury to the upper or lower urinary tract, as in a car accident or a bad fall (especially falls onto your back)
8.     Medications: antibiotics (for example, rifampin [Rifadin]), analgesics such asaspirin, anticoagulants (blood thinners such as warfarin, [Coumadin]),phenytoin (Dilantin), quinine (Quinerva, Quinite, QM-260)
9.     Benign (noncancerous) enlargement of the prostate known as benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), a common condition in older men
10.     Chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, and sickle cell anemia
11.     Viral infections
12.     Inflammation of the kidney, usually of unknown cause

You have tested for urinary track infection but not for genital infection. Do not know about the report of Ultrasound? Stone, BPH and obstruction in urinary track to be kept in mind and need to be investigated for that. You can tell better about the history of any disease or medications which is responsible for the blood in urine. It’s all about the burning maturation and blood in urine.
Now about the pain in tummy and lower back the causes are:
1.     Urinary track infection
2.     Renal Disease and Renal Stones
3.     Bowel Discomforts like abnormal bowel habits
4.     Spine Disc related pain (Bone pain)

In my opinion you should consult your doctor and get investigated again with some investigation like Ultrasound. If needed CT abdomen. If the pain is related to bowel infection or discomfort (as you have noises in abdomen) Colonoscopy may help you t get to a diagnosis. Meanwhile take some antispasmodic drugs like dicyclomine to reduce pain. Take healthy and fresh diet at proper time. Diet should be XXXXXXX in fiber. Keep your self hydrated.

Hope I have answered you query. Write back if you have any related query.

Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery
Dr. Kulbir Singh