Hi there, I had a rash for about a week
I had a rash for about a week now. It took me a couple of days to even relise i had it as its on my back, not somewhere i can reach. Im unsure of what could of caused it. Do i need something special or will it pass over time?
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed the image and gone through the query.
The rash seems like that of Shingles/ Herpes Zoster. It usually presents as a band or stripe of red, raised painful bumps which may be fluid filled, encircling the trunk. There may be skip areas. The lesions are confined to only one half of the body, usually the trunk but can also present on one side of the face or one extremity.
In my patients, I would normally suggest an oral antiviral e.g either Valacyclovir 1000mg, 3 x times a day or Acyclovir 800mg 4 x a day, for a week. These are prescription based medications and I would advise you to contact your local doctor regarding this.
In addition, you may take an OTC Acetaminophen (Tylenol) for symptomatic relief from pain.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if you need any more assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body