Hi, I am worried my husband might have the condition
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your husband's concerns and I can say as follows:
The back pain has a lot of causes. It's true that pancreatic cancer may cause it but otherwise, there are a lot of other more common causes like muscular issues, discal hernia etc.
So, your husband needs to be evaluated to get an accurate opinion. He needs investigations like:
1. Spine X-ray
2. Abdominal ultrasound ( it will help to determine the structure of the pancreas)
3. blood count( Hb, WBC,RBC,HCT) plus glucose level, liver panel enzymes, albumin level, bilirubin level, urea and creatinine blood level.
4. Specific tests for pancreatic cancer are: Ca19-9 ( tumor marker), lipase blood level ( it rules out pancreatitis)
Hope it was helpful to you...
Hope that your husband has nothing to do with pancreatic cancer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?