Hello Doctor, I am married, 27 year old male. Recently
I am married, 27 year old male. Recently I had done a Sperm Analysis test. The test revealed the following diagnosis.
1. Enterococcus Bacterial Infection as Pathogenic
Morphology: 2% normal and 98% deformed
Semen Ph: 7.7
Semen Volume: 2.8ml withh 4 days of ejaculation abstinence
Total Sperm Count: 33.6 Million, Sperm Count/ml= 12 Million
Motility: 24 % living after 20min (PR) and 16% living after 4 hours (PR)
39% moderate after 20min (NP) and 37% moderate after 4 hours(NP)
Vitality: 63% living Spermatozoa
Color: Normal and Smell: Normal
My Urologist thinks the presence of infection is the reason for the low sperm counts.
Microbial report showed the Enterococcus bacteria is sensitive to Ampicilin and Vancomycin
Urologist prescribed: Ampiclin 1000mg - three times per day for 10 days
Yomogi twice per day
Profertil capsule twice per day
No burning sensation or frequent urination symptoms in me.
Does the presence of bacterial infection reduce the sperm count and other fertility parameters?
Does the medicines prescribed above treat the bacterias well? Is it possible to get rid of the bacterias. I am really worried and under panic.
What are the chances for sperm count improvement once bacterias are treated. What chances are there for conditions to improve?
Regarding sperm analysis
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Bacterial infection of either epididymis (epididymitis) or testes (orchitis ) can interfere with sperm production or sperm health or can cause scarring that can block the passage of sperm leading to oligospermia. If a particular pathogen has been implicated based on the culture report then it would be prudent to treat the infection and then repeat sperm analysis after some gap to ascertain the cause. Usually sperm count recovers if the infection is take care of.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
1. Does Masturbation help to alleviate bacterial infection?
2. Can UTIs be sexually transmitted to the partner, in case of unprotected sex?
Thanks once again.
No. Masturbation won't help bacterial infection. A primarily urinary tract infection is not transmitted through unprotected sex though STIs can present with infection of the urethra which is part of the Urinart tract and it can be transmitted sexually
Let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body