Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Heavy bleeding, on diet, irregular periods, abdominal cramping, nausea, frustrated. Advsie?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
I am 5' 11 and weigh 250lb. I'm not sexually active it's been four yrs. I've had my period for the past 5wks and it slowed down at the begining of April but now it has come in heavy again... What do u think is going on., I gained quite a but of weight since I had my daughter and have been on a diet since February this yr.. I have had irregular periods since i was a teen but since the past yr it was been quite regular. I have no disorders that I know of. Now with the period, I have quite about of cramping in my abdomen right below my belly button area, I'm nauseated at times, I'm very weak yet I've gone two to three days with no sleep and when I do it's from 3-4 am to about 6-7am, I do feel agitated in the morning and feel weak in the afternoon but wide awake at night. I'm starting to loose track of things I should remember(forgetful) and of course get frustrated. I know I have to see a physician but I'd cant get an appointment for another two weeks from now and would like to have some idea what might be going on.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

With the symptoms described we have to rule out endometrial hyperplasia (hyper multiplication of the inner most layer of the uterine wall) and ovarian cyst.

As you are having irregular bleeding along with weight gain , you should get your investigations done like routine blood tests as well as thyroid function tests , blood sugar F , lipid profile , serum calcium and Vit D , FSH , LH , Prolactin etc.

Till then do not take stress , take iron supplements and diet XXXXXXX in iron and calcium.
Take Vit D as well as Vit B12 as their deficiency can cause anxiety and insomnia.

Instead of General Physician, I suggest to take an appointment with a Gynecologist to save some time. If the bleeding is more than four pads a day it is good to reach a hospital nearby where an attending OBGYN can investigate further. Appointment in a clinic takes time.

Take care

Hoping you speedy recovery

Any further query is most welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor