Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having weak urine flow and has occurred after foreskin removal. Doctor has stuck something in urethra. Worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
I have had a very weak urine flow ever since I have been six or seven and seems to have occured after I had my foreskin removed. I remember the doctor sticking something in my urethea which I didn't like at the time. I am embarressed in public because little kids six or seven years old have streams several times as strong as mine, a 62 year old male.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Your symptoms can be explained by two conditions. The first one is prostatic enlargement (BPH), which is quite common at your age and presents as poor stream of urine. You should visit a urologist and have him evaluate you for this condition.

The other cause of your problem can be related to the surgery you underwent 6 years back. That could have led to a narrowing of the urethral opening (meatal stenosis) and consequently a poor stream of urine.

My advise to you would be to schedule an appointment with a urologist and let him evaluate you for both these conditions. There is treatment available for both the conditions.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having weak urine flow and has occurred after foreskin removal. Doctor has stuck something in urethra. Worried? 6 hours later
You mis-read my question. I have been like this since I was 6 or 7 years old, which was over 50 years ago. Therefore it isn't from my prostate. Also, the only surgery I mentioned was a circumcision, which would have had nothing to do with my urine flow. I would like an answer to the question I asked, or a refund please.
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meatal stenosis. XXXXXXX an urologist

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Sorry for mis-reading the question previously. If the problem has been there for so long then the only diagnosis is meatal stenosis, which can occur after circumcision. This is more likely because you told that something was inserted in your urethra during your surgery.
My advise would still be to XXXXXXX an urologist and have yourself evaluated for the same.

Hoping for the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor