Having red rash, hard cyst like lumps and feeling nausea after spider bite. What should I do?

Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Thankyou. I think I've been bitten by a spider, but am not sure what kind? Symptoms are a red rash, what might be hard cyst like lumps. I was feeling slight nausea as well. Perhaps you can advise me as to what to do. Cheers.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only few spiders are XXXXXXX to humans. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Only few species of spiders are XXXXXXX to humans like the black widow spider and brown recluse spider. So identifying the spider plays role in treatment. You're showing some symptoms of toxicity like redness at the site and nausea. I would advise my patient to follow a few steps following a spider bite. Clean the wound and the skin around the bite using soap and water. Slow the venom's spread by tying a bandage above the bite and elevating the limbs. Apply a cloth dampened with cold water or ice. Seek immediate medical attention. Poisonous spider bite may need anti-venom medicine. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Basheer Ahamed 19 minutes later
Thankyou. My rash is about 2/7days old now and is situated on my right flank. I didn't notice it until yesterday. Do you suggest I seek medical attention? Any pressure on it is quite painful. Maybe I should have it seen to? What do you advise?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seek medical help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Tenderness of the swelling indicates inflammation and may carry a risk of infection also. We have seen some late complication to spider bite in some patients. So I would strongly advise you consult your doctor and take his help. Regards.