Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

188 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having red rash, hard cyst like lumps and feeling nausea after spider bite. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Basheer Ahamed


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 1583 Questions

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Thankyou. I think I've been bitten by a spider, but am not sure what kind? Symptoms are a red rash, what might be hard cyst like lumps. I was feeling slight nausea as well. Perhaps you can advise me as to what to do. Cheers.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only few spiders are XXXXXXX to humans. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Only few species of spiders are XXXXXXX to humans like the black widow spider and brown recluse spider. So identifying the spider plays role in treatment. You're showing some symptoms of toxicity like redness at the site and nausea. I would advise my patient to follow a few steps following a spider bite. Clean the wound and the skin around the bite using soap and water. Slow the venom's spread by tying a bandage above the bite and elevating the limbs. Apply a cloth dampened with cold water or ice. Seek immediate medical attention. Poisonous spider bite may need anti-venom medicine. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Basheer Ahamed 19 minutes later
Thankyou. My rash is about 2/7days old now and is situated on my right flank. I didn't notice it until yesterday. Do you suggest I seek medical attention? Any pressure on it is quite painful. Maybe I should have it seen to? What do you advise?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seek medical help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Tenderness of the swelling indicates inflammation and may carry a risk of infection also. We have seen some late complication to spider bite in some patients. So I would strongly advise you consult your doctor and take his help. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Rash

doctor1 MD

My daughter was complaining of feeling sick yesterday and was coughing and acting like she wanted to throw up. She threw up a little last night and is still coughing today. She complained that her face was itchy and I noticed she developed a small rash on her cheek near her eye.

doctor1 MD

Yes. I am allergic to sulfa drugs. I have swelling of ankles and legs and rash bumps with terrible itching. Saw my dr on Friday and he thought it was from my connective tissue disease. Well today is sat and swelling is down but itch is still bad and nothing I try stops the itch. The only thing different I m taking is mucinex and I m allergic to sulfa. I have takin before and no problems but got the dm max this time. Ugh. Help

doctor1 MD

i have high heart rate always above 90 to 100 and also
some times fluttering in chest.
currently suffering from sore throat dry cough
is it sign of heart disease?
i have fever few days back and also has developed some rashes
on my skin throught out my body

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...Hi Doctor,I have been having slight blood loss along with my stools and i have rashes/boils that are slightly painful on the hand,the ones that are gone have left black patches on my skin..I also experience lot of fatigue and i feel hungry all the time

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I have started taking Losar 50 since last 5 days for Blood Pressure. Is it a very strong medicine or is it normal one to take since I have started having high blood pressure only recently. And shd i continue it life long or shd I stop...

doctor1 MD

pristiq desvenlafaxine 100 mg and sandomigran 500 mcg what side effects can there be

doctor1 MD

hi iam having skin rashes in leg and hands. its chronic problem