Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having problem with last upper tooth. Found decayed and fractured teeth. Should I go for extraction?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 787 Questions
From last 2-3 weeks I am having problem with my last upeer-left tooth. I got it examined from a Dentist and he said that my tooth is decayed and fractured and the only option is to extract it.
Please help me what should I do in this case and from where should I get this done.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 1 hour later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing your query.

Tooth decay is nothing but bacterial infection that spreads to the deeper structures of the tooth and involves the tooth nerve tissue leading to pulpitis. When the tooth is grossly decayed, it becomes weak and gets fractured. We can save such infected and fractured tooth by root canal procedure, provided the periodontal status of the tooth is good. That is, if the tooth is not mobile.
Root canal procedure disinfects the tooth by removing the infected nerve tissue and the root canals are cleaned,shaped and filled with permanent restorative material.

Once the treatment is completed , the fractured tooth can be restored by a post and core preparation with a prosthetic crown coverage. This is in short about the treatment, but exact diagnosis and treatment plan can be made only after clinical examination and evaluation by taking radiographs.

If the prognosis of the tooth is seen poor after X XXXXXXX examination then you need to go for extraction of the tooth. These are the two treatment options for you.

Please approach your dentist and consider getting the treatment done.

I hope this information helps you.

Do write back if you have further queries.

Take care,
Dr.Farah Hussain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having problem with last upper tooth. Found decayed and fractured teeth. Should I go for extraction? 24 minutes later
Hey Farah,

Thanks for getting back on my query.

If you are from Hyderabad, can you please tell me from where shold i get this done? Or which should be the ideal place for this treatment? I am new to Hyderabad and hence don't know much about this place.

Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 2 hours later
Hello there ,

Its my pleasure, if you have further more queries you can get back to me directly on this forum.

For your treatment you can approach my workplace, my clinic address in hyderabad and other details are given in my profile.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor