Is MDMA safe to take prior to teeth removal?

Posted on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 in Dental Health
Question: Is it safe to take MDMA (Molly) the night before anaesthesia to get wisdom teeth removed?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should be definitely avoided..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain taking MDMA a night before anaesthesia for dental extraction should be avoided..

This is because it can reduce immunity, cause dehydration, therefore it will delay healing..

Also some components of the drug can interact with anaesthesia and can cause deleterious effects..

So it will be better to avoid taking any recreational drugs..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 42 minutes later
Is it deadly or just going to take longer to heal?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends on interaction of components..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As per your query it will however take longer to heal bit in case if there is interaction between components of MDMA and anaesthesia agent there can be complications and at times can be serious and life threatening..

So avoiding the same is advisable..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist