Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Having premature ejaculation and nocturnal emission. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 127 Questions
hi, i m 30yrs old unmarried guy, i m having a problem of early discharge, when i masterbate , i discharge in 20 to 40 second .i dont smoke or drink alcohal, now i m getting married so i m very worried abt my future sex life with my wife past i had regular nightfall problem but now its very often .. plz help me
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
From your query, you have two concerns
A. Premature ejaculation
B. Night fall / Nocturnal emission
We’ll take them one by one and I’ll try and address your concerns.
Premature ejaculation (ejaculating too fast) is a concern only after marriage as it has a role only in partner satisfaction. The treatment options for premature ejaculation are
1. Techniques: Techniques pioneered by Master and XXXXXXX are very useful in treating premature ejaculation. They include
(a) Stop & Re Start Method: Stop at a point just before you are about to ejaculate and restart foreplay and insertion. You may repeat this cycle again.
(b) Squeeze Method: Your partner should squeeze the base of glans penis for a few minutes just before you feel you would ejaculate. Repeat the process again as required.
(c) Increased frequency of sexual activity can increase the ejaculation time as well.
2. Sex Therapy: Sex therapy is a form of psychotherapy which takes into account many components. This is basically psychotherapy from a competent sexologist/Psychotherapist. Consider visiting one near your location.
3. De-sensitization. Use of desensitization products like Delay creams can benefit you to some extent.
4. Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) drug like Tab. Dapoxetine have been tried in the recent years to treat premature ejaculation. It is more effective when taken 3 hours before intercourse. A physician can prescribe it to you after marriage, if required.

About the other concern, night fall is an involuntary ejaculation which occurs due to decreased frequency of sexual activity (either masturbation or intercourse). There is nothing to worry about night fall which is very much normal since semen production is a continuous process. It occurs due to the erotic thoughts or dreams. You can get over this problem by involving in more frequent sexual activity, ie masturbation.

Hope I have given good insight to manage your problem. Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Wish you good health.

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having premature ejaculation and nocturnal emission. Remedy? 10 hours later
thanx Dr. for your reply

my problem is, most of time i ejaculated at the time of foreplay with my girlfriend and thats why i couldnt do intercourse with her yet so i feel start stop therepy will not be much effective in my case.. so do you think should i start to take any medicine for this and if yes then suggest me any and for how much time i have to take it

and one more question . foreskin of my penis is still attached to the head so i cant pull it back much so is this related to my early ejaction and should i go for Circumcision to remove the attachment of foreskin with penis head

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 16 hours later
Medicines like Dapoxetine shall help you get rid of premature ejaculation.
If you have pain in pulling back the foreskin and or during intercourse, you can visit a surgeon for circumcision, otherwise not required.

Hope I cleared your query in detail. Kindly accept the answer if you don't have any more queries.

Wish you all the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor