Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having painless lump on testicle. Masturbate much. Can it be cancer?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9579 Questions
I am having a lump of width 1.5-2 cm attached to my left testicle at the upper part of the testicle since 10//11 years. (I have mentioned the width only because the shape of lump is just like a small testicle and I am unable to hold it from its length because it slips from my hand and some cord(perhaps epididymis) is obstructing me to hold it from it's length. most likely It's length is about 2.5 cm and I mentioned the width only). It is not causing any pain or problem with me. I put a torch light behind it and saw that it is allowing light to pass through . I masturbate much. Can this be cancer or is there any chance that I will have cancer in future ? I am scared of cancer Please help me. Can cancer be there with me for such a long period ? Is the light passing test is reliable or it is very very necessary to do ultrasound ?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a painless lump of a size of 2.5 cm above your left testicle since last 10 years.

It is smooth and trans illumination test is positive.

This is a benign cyst called as Spermatocele.It contains spermatic fluid and It is not cancerous at all .

You can get Ultrasound Scanning done to confirm your finding and to allay your anxiety.

This cyst can be left untreated however it needs to get excised if increase in size or gets infected.
Do not worry I again reiterate that it is not cancerous at all.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor