Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having pain in lower portion of back. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1321 Questions
I am having back pain. To get relieved from this, I started going to gym and doing abs exercises and jogging. It relieved me a bit. But when I sit at home for work, i feel pain in lower portion of back. I do not use chair. Either I sit on floor or on bed. I am having this since some 15-20 days.
After exercise I feel relaxed but when I sit for work, it develops again. I appreciate your consultation.

Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
measures detailed below

Detailed Answer:


I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. I will give some suggestions to you which may give you some relief. As your back pain duration is less than 6 weeks it is acute and such type of back aches will get resolved within few weeks from time they start.

-The first thing I can suggest is acetaminophen which is recommended for acute attacks and not used for prolonged periods

-I can also suggest you muscle relaxant(carisoprodol) if the pain is not relieved by acetaminophen.
-I recommend increasing general physical activity.
-Spinal manipulation therapy also plays an important role for the cure.
-Consultation with your GP is necessary to rule out other organic causes like renal calculi and muscle pulls.

Hope this answers your query.Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in lower portion of back. Suggest the cure? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Its our pleasure to help you here...Hope you get well soon...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor