Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in jaw. How to get cured?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have a pain in my jaw since yesterday (30/01/2013). What can I do about it?
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 57 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and Thanks for posting your query.

Your symptoms are suggestive of temporomandibular joint inflammation.

Do not worry as this is not a serious problem and can be easily treated with medicines.

1)Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner.
2)Calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your symptoms in 3-5 days.
3)Doing hot fomentation will also be helpful.
4)Passively opening and closing the jaw, massage, and electrical stimulation help to decrease pain and increase the range of motion and strength of the joint

If your symptoms do not improve after minor changes suggested then you need to consult an orthopedician for evaluation and stronger prescription medicines.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain in jaw. How to get cured? 5 minutes later

Thank you for your consultation. I shall do as adviced.

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Thanks for posting your query again.

I am glad to know that I could address your concern.

Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor