Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having pain at the top of arm. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5572 Questions
I have had a dullish pain at the top of my right arm for about 5 weeks,I feel it more in bed rather than during the day,it does not restict my arm movement,also the odd night I dont feel it at all,should I be concerned ?.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare Magic.
First of all, I want to reassure you that there is no need to get worried regarding your current symptoms.
Pain at the top of the arm is likley to be of musculo-skeletal origin. The common causes can be a muscle ache (myalgia) or mild frozen shoulder. However, you do not have enough symptoms to make a definite diagnosis of frozen shoulder. In this condition, the arm and shoulder movements would be painful.
As of now, there is no need to see a doctor.
You could use an analgesic such as paracetamol or diclofenac to get pain relief.
Physical therapy including arm and shoulder exercises would be useful too.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
XXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor