Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having pain and burning in vagina. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
I have pain ,burning and heat coming from my vaginia. My co-workers don't want to be around me because they say it effect them. My daughter in law use something that burn my mistrial when I come because she has a baby girl. Please tell me what to do. Because I want to be around my first granfdaughter. Also I do need my job.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 39 minutes later
Dear patient

Thanks for your concerns.

It appears indeed that you are suffering from a vaginal infection, caused usually by yeast or bacteria. You can reassure your co workers and daughter in law since it is not transmissible by air or non sexual contact.

The best way to proceed is to see a provider who can perform a pelvic exam and take samples to look under the microscope or suggest a medication based on the physical findings in the vaginal canal. There are medications available to treat this and they are very effective. Of note, many of this infections can be proliferation of bacteria that live in your own body

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain and burning in vagina. Cure? 1 hour later
I am not a doctor but I don't think that is the answer. Because when female coworker come near it is unpleasant feeling that burn and make me feel like I wet down there but I not. For example my superb
Visor came to my desk standing behind me and the heat from her body effect me'
So they use something that I can smell so I would not effect them. I no this sound weird.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 18 minutes later
I understand your concern. It is quite an unusual description, but for sure vaginal infections can produce all sorts of unpleasant fishy odors; again, since the issues are coming from your genitals, infection seems most likely.

Secretions become foul smelling in the presence of infection. Hence I will definitely recommend you to consult a gynecologist that can do a pelvic exam.

Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Truly yours
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor