Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Having off and on throbbing pain in chest area. Suspected muscle sprain and taking Homeopathic medication. What could be the problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Hello Doctor,

This is for my wife, aged about 37. She has been having some off and on throbbing pain in the left chest area in the back side. She is not able to exactly place where the pain is. An Xray and a TB test was carried out. The XRay did not show anything abonormal and the TB test also came out negative.
The doctor suspected a muscle sprain and she was under Homeopathic medication for about 20 days and was fine for about 1 month since then. But she has again started getting the pains now.
What could be a possible problem here? Doctor of which specialisation should we consult here?

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Throbbing pain over the left scapular region is not explained by any serious organic medical problem. Chest X-ray may not be able to pick up lesions of the back. Further evaluation after detailed chest examination can help your doctor's identify the cause.

If the pain is not over the spine area, she can visit a chest physician for detailed examination. Your doctor after clinical examination can suggest complete hemogram and ESR followed by CT scan of chest to isolate organic cause. Treatment can be based on the test results.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor