Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having nausea and vomiting. Had viral fever. GI endoscopy showed esophagitis grade a with erosive antral gastritis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
My age is 22. From the past 20 days I am suffering from motions,nausea and vomitings. Before that I had got Viral fever and it just lasts for 3 days then fever is no more.Then after daily I am going to motions for a minimum of 3 times and XXXXXXX of 6 times. My ultra sound scan report says that "Mild fatty change in the liver " and later my Upper GI Endoscopy Report says that "ESOPHAGITIS GRADE A WITH EROSIVE ANTRAL GASTRITIS." Sometimes My stool appears in Tarry and black. And two times I had seen blood in my stool. Generally I am lean and because of these motions and vomitings I am feeling very sick. And most probably after eating anything I am getting more sickness like unable to sit/stand like that. What is the root of all these things??? Is it Serious??? How to get out of it???
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Black and tarry stool, twice blood in stool and inabilty to stand suggest that you are loosing blood from gastrointestinal tract which cannot be explained on the findings in endoscopy. I will advise you to get colonoscopy also and if it is normal then your small intestine should also be evaluated either by capsule endoscopy which is very easy and non invasive or by single balloon enteroscopy which is little bit invasive however can be done under sedation also.

Further get tests for malabsorption like anti transtissueglutaminase antibody for celiac disease, stool examination for loss of fat and reducing sugars, tests for Crohn's disease (like terminal ileum biopsy during colonoscopy).

So I will advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist for evaluation

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor