Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Having kidney stone at ureter-bladder junction and fainted twice. One kidney is infected.Taking Buscopan and urimax. Is ureterorenoscopy necessary?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
I have kidney stone 8mm at ureter-bladder junction (entry to bladder) and yesterday night i fainted for two minutes. My Doctor suggest URS. He says one kidney is slightly infected. Kindly advise wether I must have URS or any medication can cure? As such I am not experiencing pain. I am taking Buscopan, urimax 0.4mg, oson-o tablets
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello sir.

A ureterorenoscopy (URS) is a very effective procedure, especially as your stone is of near moderate size. A URS procedure has also shown significanlty good results in lithotripsy (breaking of stones) of stones present in the distal ureter (which is the location of your stone).

I would also like to emphasize on the fact that your doctor has suggested the possibility of an infection of one kidney caused due to the stone; in such a scenario urgent management would be required, which can be provided only by a URS procedure, making it ideal in your case.

Medication may or may not help, and even if they do, it will be time consuming and not provide complete relief. This is why I would also recommend the URS procedure sir.

Hope this information helps you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy life thereafter.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor