Having itchy bumps under arms, on knees, elbows and groin area. What should I do?

Dr. R.G. Joshi

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have itchy little bumps under my arms, on the backs of my knees, elbows and in the groin area. I have not changed soaps or detergents or anything else I can think of. I have moisturized until I can't soak any more up and it's not helping. It's driving me crazy. (Probably unrelated - - I am recovering from brain surgery two months ago) Help!
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: flexural dermatitis.Antisweat powder will help. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.Site of lesions according to case history are flexures.These are body folds and they are sweating and moist.So the lesions can be either fungal infections or sweat dermatitis.Since there is constant itching and small papules it point more towards dermaritis.Mouistrising these areas will worsen the condition.Keep area dry.Use good antisweat talcum powder at day time.Use loose cotton clothings.At night time tou can apply mild steroid like hydrocortisone.Avoid any deodrants since they can cause more allergies.Hope this will help tou.Take care.