Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Having headaches and a pulling pain on right ride of neck behind collar bone. Is it a STD and suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
headaches in the evening , also a weird pulling pain/sensation on right ride of neck behind colorbone come and goes noticed when was heavy drinking smoking weed and cigarettes . quit everything should I get x XXXXXXX or might the radation make it worst not there now but will come back. could my headaches in evening be an std started getting them after a risky unprotected oral sex for 30 seconds from sex worker or heat and stress live in hot climate.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Once Radiatoion won't be problem. Not a STD. NSAID

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Your first question about radiation (X Ray)
No need to worry for taking x XXXXXXX occasional or once in an year X-ray wont give any problem. It is better to get investigated once to rule out any problem.

2nd Question: Can the head ache be STD?
No, Usually STD presents with ulcer, lymphadenopathy and inflammatory changes. So need not to worry for STD for your symptoms.

This may be due to heat or stress or due to alcohol as it cause vasodilatation and then more blood supply can cause head ache or may be due to hangover.

In my clinic I usually treat these problem with NSAID like aceclofenac with muscle relaxant and advice to take plenty of fluids, fruit juice and regular outdoor exercises. This will help in head ache and also pain in neck. Based on examination you may need investigations like x XXXXXXX to diagnose any problem.

I advice you to avoid any unprotected sex with unknown/sex worker. Follow safe sex. Quit smoking weed and cigarettes. Try Yoga for your well being.

Hope these clarified your queries. Consult your doctor for further examination and management.

Wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor