Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having gonorrhoea symptoms. Is it curable?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
Dear Doctor, Im having gonorrhea symptoms for more than 3 years, I was ignorant of this and didnt take any treatment. Now is it curable or fatal... What kind of treatment should I go for homeo or allopathic... Kindly help me to find treatment in Bangalore
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gonorrhea is curable,consult Venereologist ASAP

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and completely curable with allopathy medicines. Already you have wasted lot of your time so I suggest you to consult a venereologist as soon as possible.

Penicillin drugs are highly effective for gonorrhea and its completely curable.

Hope i have cleared your query.
If you need any further clarifications, let me know.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having gonorrhoea symptoms. Is it curable? 5 minutes later
Thank you doctor... I have had unprotected oral sex few years back and now after seeing symptoms of gonorrhea, im worried about HIV.Is there any such chances.. Can I get a side effect free treatment.. Suggest doctors or hospitals in bangalore
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Less chances HIV through oral sex

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Penicillin drugs are the safest drugs till date. But some times rare allergies are seen . To avoid those , your doctor will give test dose to see whether you are allergic to penicillins. so no worries go a head to see a venereologist.

Chances so HIV infection through oral sex is less when compared to direct sex , because human saliva contains anti-viral substances which inactivates the virus . But if the opposite partner have any bleeding gums or mouth ulcers ,there are chances.

Better get done HIV serology test to confirm your doubt.

Bangalore is a big city, you can take help of just dial 0000 help. They can give you available doctors in your locality.

hope I have clarified your issue.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor