Having fever, rashes and strange calf muscle after oral sex. Are these symptoms of HIV infection?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi Doctor I am a 29 Male and had a oral activity with a friend 3 weeks back .. i was given a blowjob for nearly 10 minz... without a condom .. we twist and topled in bed with legs locked into to each other.. but with our undergarments on ... i never ejaculated in her mouth..nor did she cum on any part of my body... now after 3 weeks i had mild fever 101 F had a few tablets like mox250 Mg for 2 days and within the 3rd day i was fine.. i had rashes on my body which disappeared on the 4th day.. and now have some very strange calf muscle pain .and my mouth feels dry.. do u think these would be some early symptoms on HIV..? however i never had cough or diarea or any vomitting or any major pains or swollen lymp glands yet.. please advice
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no chance of HIV. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX No,these are not the early signs of HIV. There is no chance of risk of transmission of HIV at all. Calf muscle pain and dry mouth may be due to other reasons.It needs to be investigated.Probably you had viral fever. Your mentioned activities are not the methods of transmission of HIV,so you don't worry. At present you can take analgesics and drink plenty of fluids. Proper treatment can be done after clinical examination and investigation reports. You can consult your doctor also. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 11 hours later
Thkx XXXXXXX . you made my day .. :) best regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back You are most welcome. Get well soon. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX