Having controlled high cholesterol, and controlled high blood pressure. Taking Lisinopril, HCTZ and Lipitor. Suggest a good multivitamin?
I feel compelled to start by congratulating you for the fine attention you attache to your health. Honestly, there is nothing that takes precedence over seeking the best possible health state.
However, I failed to see you mention that you also do some physical exercise to stay fit. If you forgot to mention this, then that is fine. If you do not indulge in doing physical exercise, I will strongly recommend that you consider doing so.
For real there are many multivitamins out there. The most important guiding factor should be the vitamin recommendations for adults. This is mainly VitD and calcium as they contribute to maintaining health bone architecture and preventing osteoporosis. A multivitamin with reasonable amounts of this is good.
In the real sense, an adult who eats healthy does not really needs multivitamin supplements except a specific condition mandates it. This is because they are normally present in foods and we get enough.
Centrum Silver Adults 50+, present in most pharmacies and even the big retailers is a good drug. I prescribe this to most of my 50+ clients in addition to nutritional counseling about eating healthy and staying physically fit. Take one daily by mouth with a cup of water. These combined guarantee a good and steady supply.
I hope you find this information helpful. I wish you well and encourage you to stay on top of your health. If you have more related questions to this query, please feel free to address them and i shall gladly address them.
Once more, thank you so much for this opportunity to address your health query today.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am humbled!
Please, if you have no more related follow up questions to this query, you may consider closing the discussion. If that be the case, please offer us a few minutes of your time to rate the answer and write a short review so that we can work on and better serve you next time.
I wish you the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of controlled high cholesterol
- Drugs/medication for controlled high cholesterol
- Diagnosis of controlled high cholesterol
- How can i control high cholesterol level
- How can i control high cholesterol without medication
- Treatment and cure for controlled high cholesterol
- Controlled high cholesterol causes
- High cholesterol high blood pressure distended stomach
- Belara birth control high cholesterol
- Good diet for high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Feel constipated. Noticed white thread like strings in stools. Have...
- Having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering things. Tried...
- Had attached fitness score report. What are the findings?
- Have raised platelet. Prescribed thyroxine for under active thyroid....
- Hba1c-5.2, Fasting blood sugar test-70 and Mean Glucose EBT-103....
- Foreskin is attached to penis through strip of skin, pain when move...
- Getting throbbing pain in arm moving down to elbow and wrist. Had no...
- Have swollen gums. Had endonitis work on root canal. Is this due to...
- Have swollen lymph in jaw. Prescribed zithromax. Is that enough?
- On trivolib, jauvia and Diamicronmr. Fasting sugar 180 to 230. How to...