Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having constant irritation in urinary track with no bacterial infection. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Constant irritation in urinary track. with no bacterial infection ? I have had this problem for years and have had all standard treatments. What can I do ?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Such symptoms are common in chronic prostatitis.
If i were your urologist, i would treat this way.
1. Treat any obvious cause found on lab tests or physical examination
2. A course of antibiotics for one month and observation.
3. If still there is no improvement, I will strongly recommend cystoscopy and TURP, if necessary ( endoscopic resection of the prostate to remove hidden infection within the prostate.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having constant irritation in urinary track with no bacterial infection. Any treatment? 18 hours later
No questions. Just wish to thank you for this information. XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
welcome and wish you great health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor