Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having bulky uterus with thickened endometreium. Treatement?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
My wife is having bulky uterus with thickened endometreium of 15.5 mm and size of uterus is 103.9x47.6x71.4 Her age is 51 -year and menses stop completely 2-year back. What sort of treatment we should proceed
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endometrial biopsy and proceed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing your wife's scan, its a thick endometrial lining for her post-menopausal age. She definitely requires a endometrial biopsy (sampling os endometrial lining- small endometrial tissue is taken) for histopathology. Then depending on the report she needs treatment.

Usually if the biopsy report is normal, then progesterone tablets are helpful, but if there is any abnormal change like ATYPIA, then its better to undergo hysterectomy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor