Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having back pain due to driving. Suggest the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
my husband is getting so much of back pain wat we have do for that he is 32 yrs old. getting so much of back pain when he drives 2 wheeler it will be more and
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Restrict bike travels and use pain medicines...

Detailed Answer:

Back is grossly affected by personal life style. It is evident that bike travel every day is causing harm to his back. Encourage or rather restrict him from driving a lot on bike.

Besides that, it is crucial to maintain his weight in normal limits. Practice back strengthening exercise taught by physiatrist.

He can use pain medicines like mobizox once in a while when pain is severe. It won't harm him. Alternatively use warm compresses on the affected area to take care of the pain.

If pain is severe and hurting him to walk and perform daily activities, it is advisable to visit an orthopedic surgeon and get investigated.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor