Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Having abdominal pain, burping and constipation. Is this IBS or H Pylori infection?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
I am male 54 years old with no allergies. I have never smoked and rarely drink alcohol. Recently I have been having addominal pain, burping, constipation. When I go to the wasroom, my urine seems normal, but my stools are small, pebble like but are normal brown. I also have been sensing cold hands and cold feet. Based on my research so far it sounds like IBS or possibly an infection like H. Pylori. Thoughts?
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 51 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms like abdominal pain, burping, constipation can be due to:
1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
2. Intestinal obstruction
3. H.pylori infection
4. Side effects of any medication
5. Allergy to certain food products

So, it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper physical examination done.
So that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Investigations like Ultrasound scan of abdomen & endoscopy will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Please let me know if there are any other associated symptoms like heartburn, blood in stool and also if the pain is localized to a particular region of stomach or present diffusely.
This will help me in making a better diagnosis.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor