Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Having abdominal pain and sore rashes developed all over body. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
good morning...I have been in discomfort since last Saturday..pain started in lower right corner of my abdomen...kind of nagging...been coming and going the last few days..about 3 days ago..a blistery rash developed over the area in pain...the pain is radiated to my lower right back and down into my upper right leg..the rash has spread over to my pelvic whole lower body is sore...I feel tired.; temperature symptom last night...there are hard swollen lumps (about the size of a small marble) right in my groin area on the right hand side..they hurt badly and the rash is over them too..I can still go to the bathroom normally, but my appetite is not good.. pain does not get worse when I press on it..
I operate a boarding and training facility and am extremely active..
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are most likely caused by Herpes Zoster disease due to Varicella Zoster Virus infection. This virus causes also Chickenpox in the childhood and after that stays latent in the nerve cells bodies. When the immunity system becomes weaker for some reason (like cold for example), this infection spreads along the nerves. The characteristic symptoms for it are pain along the nerves and rash. Usually this infection gets healed without any medicines but in some cases antiviral medicines might be necessary. To get relief from it you can take some pain killers and give your body some rest so it will be able to fight the infection.
This right groin lumps are most likely enlarged lymph nodes.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor