Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having Lyme disease. Could I ask a doctor for treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
My goddaughter may have Lyme disease. Shehas no primary care physican and no insurance. She is 30. How can I find a physican who can see her promptly and what tests if any can we do on our own to determine if she has the disease? She is in XXXXXXX Oregon.
She is having a problem locating someone who will analyze and/or treat lyme disease. Can you provide a referral?
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local Physician

Detailed Answer:

Referral are only accepted from the local treating doctor( General Practitioner/ Physician). I could find the following doctors

Hyungki Choi DO
Neurologist XXXXXXX , OR

Infectious Disease Specialist, XXXXXXX Medicine XXXXXXX , OR

Unfortunately online doctor cannot provide referral, even if some body does, it won't be accepted.

Please consult your local GP/ Physician for referral and to organize necessary tests.

If I suspect Lyme for some one in my clinic, the initial test is a blood test with ELISA or ImmunoAssay for Lyme (Borrelia) antibodies.

You will understand if you look at this, WWW.WWWW.WW
I am not sure if the local lab would do this test without prescription.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor