Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having Chronic Sinus. Preferred endoscopy. Permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2349 Questions
hello doctor
I reside in India (Pondicherry). I am having Chronic Sinus for the past 7 years.
How to get this completely cured? I consulted the local ENT specialist, who is preferring Endoscopy - who also says it is not the permanent solution. Please let me know a permanent solution, if any...
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 26 hours later

Thanks for posting the query

Chronic sinusitis depends upon the actual cause. If the sinusitis is due to allergy, then yes, your doctor is right, there is no cure for the problem. If the sinusitis is due to blockage of the nose secondary to the deviated nasal septum or osteomeatal complex block, with surgical correction, it will be alright.

CT scan is a must to find out the levels of block in the nasal cavity and the sinuses. This also aids in further management and the surgeon while performing the endoscopic sinus surgery.

My suggestion to you is to get the CT scan done at first, as it dictates the further management. Apart from this, you need to use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation three times a day. If you are having associated allergic symptoms such as running nose and sneezing, then you will require steroid nasal spray also. If you have tried all these before and has not benefitted much, then surgery would be next best choice.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor