Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have swelling on forehead. What could be causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1173 Questions
Hi I m trying to find out what causes my swelling of my forehead, eyes Nd bridge of my boss but not sure why?
It has only happened on three occasions all in holiday an when visiting the beach. If I stay by the swimming pool it doesn't swell, it only happens when I have been on a beach.
The swelling then goes from forehead first, ten the outside of my eyes with the last of the swelling to go being the bridge over my nose and top eyelids.
It has lasted for up to 4 days.
Thank you
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
This is what we call as angioneurotic oedema.
This is usually of allergic origin.
The specific nature of the swelling indicates a perticular allergen which you come across in perticular situations,as in your case on beach.
Next time you can take a oral anti allergic tablet and see the response,a quicker regression then will confirm the diagnosis.(we call this a theraputic trial)
Any further query in this regard ,please do get back to me.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor