Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have suspect for fracture or dislocation of ribs. How to get relief from pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i think i have either a fractured or dislocated rib, can i do anything to get relief from the pain
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 9 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
If you suspect a fracture or dislocation, the first thing to do is immobilizing that area or educing movements in the area as much as possible. You can analgesics, opiods or acetaminophen for now to calm the pain. Ice packs if pain is too severe might really help.
It could be important for you to visit the emergency room for appropriate X rays to be done to actually diagnose and manage this health condition properly.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor