Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have spots on foreskin, no redness or pain. Should I be worried for herpes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
i have 3 circular spots on the peniile shaft and on my foreskin. They seem to be little circles with a light almost clear color center (i am east indian and my penis is tan) and a light noticable border around them. (the inside of the spots simply looks a shade lighter, not red at all though)

What can this be? Is it herpes? It was never blistered up at all. I am uncircumsized and get irritable balanitis symptoms around my foreskin from time to time, perhaps from hard rough masterbation because it started before i had sex.

These spots are not super painful but def irritating. What can this be?! There is no redness and no blisters or any marks anywhere else. I noticed these after vigorous masterbation.

Thank you
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The lesions described are much more in favour of a skin mycoses or fungal infection. This could be confounded by a skin irritation. Its worth noting too that the uncircumcised males are at a greater risk of having sexually transmitted infections than the circumcised.
Considering the fact that these lesions are itchy, it is also possible that this should be a mycoses, and it will be rare that herpes should be a a cause in this case.
A good physical examination by your family care physician shall easily identify nay of these lesions and treatment.
I suggest you visit your primary care physician, but you need not bother for, for sure its no serious issue.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor