Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Have single pimple on penis. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1919 Questions
I have a single pimple like thing on my penis. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic

Saw the picture you sent. I could not place where exactly the location of this blister is on the penis. Can you upload another one with a farther shot ?
Is there any other smaller vesicles near the big one ?
Is it painful or itchy ?
What are the medicines you are taking for blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis ?
Do you have skin lesions anywhere else in the body ?

Kindly give me the above details so that I can answer your query better.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have single pimple on penis. What could this be? 27 minutes later
Did you get pic? No other pimple except this one.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Welcome back
You did not give details as requested.
If it is painful it could be herpes even though it is rather rare to have only a single lesion.
If it is itchy it could be an allergic contact dermatitis
It could even be a friction blister if you have indulged in vigorous sexual intercourse or masturbation.
It could even be a drug rash, some medicines like furosemide given for hypertension can cause blisters.
It is not a classical skin disease which can be diagnosed only by a picture. Examination of rest of the body and history also is important to accurately diagnose.
You may apply an antibiotic cream over the blister thrice a day.

Hope this helped
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have single pimple on penis. What could this be? 14 minutes later
It is not painful to the touch but irritated from rubbing to underwear. Not itchy. But when I had sex with wife is when I experienced pain and that is when I noticed this 2 weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
Welcome back
Friction due to sexual intercourse especially if vagina is dry ( due to inadequate arousal or due to dryness because of menopause) can cause a friction blister which can look like this.
You may puncture the blister with a sterile needle and drain fluid and apply antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2% or fusidic acid or neosporin thrice a day.
This should be enough.
Hope this helped
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor