Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Have rotoscoliosis, pain after delivery. Taking Percoset. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10337 Questions
My daughter suffers from rotoscoliosis, which has worsened considerably over the last year. She has just given birth and the pain has become unbearable, most likely from the epidural they gave her. She is currently taking percoset that was given to her but she only has about 4 more days worth. The times when it wears off she is in tears until the pills start to work. She is begging me to help her but I don't know how. She is only 19 and far too young to be in constant pain like this. What can I do to help her? Should we go back to the anesthesiologist? If not, what type of doctor should she see?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Rotoscoliosis is often a painful condition which is aggravated by abnormal body position. If the pain is getting relieved by tablet Precocet then adding a good muscle relaxant like thiocolchicoside will be helpful.
Wearing an orthopedic back brace and back strengthening exercises under the guidance of her orthopedician will be helpful.
Meanwhile she can have calcium supplements and do a hot fomentation for short term relief. Applying local analgesic gels on the area will be helpful.
I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor