Have red spots and rashes on penis head. What am I suffering from?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I have rashes and reddish paches on the head of my penies and it aggravates every time I have intercourse. Also some fungus like substance gets collected around the head and inner area of the foreskin, when rubbed it peels off like dead skin. sometimes i have itching around the head of the penis (inside the foreskin) and inflammation. Please advice: (a) what tests can be done to check if there is any disease (b) where i can get this tested in Bangalore.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Your description is suggestive of bacterial or fungal infection of the foreskin with or without infection of the head of the penis.

Things that would help are....

1.     Get sugar levels checked and bring under control, if found to be a diabetic.
2.     Hygiene - please retract the foreskin and clean the area daily during bath and put the skin in position again.
3.     Application of antibacterial/ antifungal ointment/cream twice daily for 2 weeks.

Before doing all these, please get yourself checked by a SURGEON/ UROLOGIST near your place, to see how tight the foreskin is and if it requires any surgical procedure to benefit you in the long run.
The doctor will also check your sugar levels and send the secretions, if necessary, to look for the cause of the infection, bacterial/fungal.
Also, refraining for sex during the period is advisable.

Best regards
DR GS