Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

138 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have red spots and rashes on penis head. What am I suffering from?

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I have rashes and reddish paches on the head of my penies and it aggravates every time I have intercourse. Also some fungus like substance gets collected around the head and inner area of the foreskin, when rubbed it peels off like dead skin. sometimes i have itching around the head of the penis (inside the foreskin) and inflammation. Please advice: (a) what tests can be done to check if there is any disease (b) where i can get this tested in Bangalore.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Your description is suggestive of bacterial or fungal infection of the foreskin with or without infection of the head of the penis.

Things that would help are....

1.     Get sugar levels checked and bring under control, if found to be a diabetic.
2.     Hygiene - please retract the foreskin and clean the area daily during bath and put the skin in position again.
3.     Application of antibacterial/ antifungal ointment/cream twice daily for 2 weeks.

Before doing all these, please get yourself checked by a SURGEON/ UROLOGIST near your place, to see how tight the foreskin is and if it requires any surgical procedure to benefit you in the long run.
The doctor will also check your sugar levels and send the secretions, if necessary, to look for the cause of the infection, bacterial/fungal.
Also, refraining for sex during the period is advisable.
Wishing you good health.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Balanoposthitis

doctor1 MD

hi there, ive had a fungal infection on the head and forskin of my penis for about a month now. all the creams the docs have given me are not working, it seems to get better, then question though, it is very painful when i clean it...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor im 33 years old male healthy and absolutely normal.. my concern is in the year 2003 ,2004 ,2005 few times i had protected sex and to make sure i always checked the condoms after sex by filling it with water to confirm the damage and...

doctor1 MD

Attention to Dr Chandrakant. Sir i have been asking u reg penis cancer one month ago. Still i have discoloration but no lump in and out. Can a penis cancer grow by discolour alone. 3 months over. Burning has been reduced to 99%. Why discolour is...

doctor1 MD

I am having slight irritation at underside of my foreskin and glans. I am a 29 year old, uncircumcised male . married for last 3 months.there is no such visible symptoms of infection on glans.the pain increases with erection.I am having very low libido also. please help

doctor1 MD

I think I may have balanitis, what are the treatment options. It is the result of poor hygiene rather than contact with thrush. Symptoms inc. splochiness, irritation, small blisters, bad smell, smegma. Should I be thinking steroid creams or antibiotics?