Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have red bumps on scrotum. How to remove this?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
I have red bumps on my scrotum. About 1mm. Have about 6 or so in one area, one in another area. They are blood red. Have had no pain at anytime with them. Had them about 2 weeks with no changes to them. Nothing different used in area over the 2 weeks and no sexual contact over the time I've had them. When scratched they all but disappear and then come back right after.
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you havme posted it appears that you have Capillary Haemangiomas over scrotumu. The possibility can be confirmed with a clinical examination by a qualified urologist or dermatologist. Visit the doctor's office whenever feasible.

Since you do not any symptoms like pain / fever you need not worry at all - as these are self limiting and do not need any treatment. Avoid scratching these spots.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have red bumps on scrotum. How to remove this? 2 days later
Thank you for your response. I looked into the capillary hemangioma and don't think that is what I am dealing with.
The spots are separate and not bigger than the tip of a pencil. They are blood red. Arterial blood red.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

Thanks for feedback.

Based on what you have stated the red spots are of a tiny size and it does not look like hemangioma. Would it be possible for you you to take a photograph and post it to me. A good quality picture will help me to make any suggestions.

Capillary haemangiomas can be of a tiny size too. Therefore I request you to upload a good image of the affected region.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any deligence.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor