Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have pus filled pimples on knee, foot and thigh. Any medicine for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
i am getting puss formed infected pimples on my knees foots & thighs...please suggest me ointment or medicine for the same.
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
You are most probably suffering from a bacterial infection of the skin like furunculosis causing pus filled lesions ( pustules) . Rarely it may indicate an underlying immunocompromised state like diabetes or skin disorders.
First and foremost you should maintain adequate hygiene and avoid scratching the lesions to prevent their spread.
There are many antibiotic ointments ( mupirocin, fusidic acid etc) available for local application twice daily for relief from minor pustules .
However if there are any large lesions( >\= 1cm) or abscess then it might require a course of oral antibiotics like amoxicillin or cephalosporins to provide curative relief.
I would recommend you to consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation and confirmation of diagnosis as well as to rule out any predisposing factors .
Meanwhile you can clean the region with soap and water and apply the local antibiotics 2-3 times daily for relief..
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor