Have penile venous leakage. Will the correction of testosterone improve the leakage?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: dear doctors,
i have penile venous leakage & i made test before two years doppler and the result was that blood is enter but not block enough, and also the testosterone is on the limit, my question is i hear that the improve of testosterone will care the leakage . the second also i read article that there is a new surgical called EDDVP will treat that XXXXXXX venous leakage. i hope will hear soon
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear Sir,

Correction of testosterone may improve your erectile function and thus obviate the need for any other treatment.

You should consider band or other veno-occlusive devices prior to considering surgery for your venous leakage. New surgical technique of embedding the XXXXXXX dorsal vein of the penis (EDDVP) is a simple operative procedure and is efficient in the treatment of penile XXXXXXX dorsal venous leakage of ED.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 32 minutes later
dear doctor,
is the use band or other veno-occlusive devices will permenant treat the venous?
what is the kind of band may use? tell me the trade XXXXXXX you know cause there is many in the market, one of that is WWW.WWWW.WW so you can check if it is effective?
if the band is not effective , can i do the New surgical technique of embedding the XXXXXXX dorsal vein of the penis (EDDVP)? is it safe ? is it permenant effective in treating this case? what is the diffrence of this new surgical & previous surgical? where i can do this surgical?
kindly i need more details about that.
thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 54 minutes later
Dear sir,

The treatment with band or venous occlusive devices is not permanent. You can use loverband; it is effective.

If you don't get good response with band then you can certainly undergo surgery. The surgery is safe and effective. The results are best in non smokers. It is better than before as the chances of developing permanent erectile dysfunction are lesser. You can contact any urologist for the surgery.

Sincerely

Rajiv goel
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 18 hours later
hi doctor,

suppose i do this surgery, what is the pecentage of success? also if it is treat the case , after a while , the venous leakage may back or it will treat permenant? also maybe is it worse the case?
thanks
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 44 minutes later
Dear,

Thanks again for writing back.

The success rate is almost 80%. The treatment if successful is permanent. There is always a chance that you may not improve and infact worsen. In such a scenario, you may undergo insertion of penile prosthesis.

All said and done, you should first correct your serum testosterone and then consider the use of bands. Don't think about the surgery as the first treatment option.

Hope I have answered all your queries. Let me know if you have other concerns.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad