Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have pain under armpit. Feeling lumps. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 103 Questions
I have been getting a pain under my armpit when I bend Down. Had it for approx 6 weeks. Been feeling for lumps but can't find any, last night noticed a dint under my armpit the size of a thumbprint.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You feel a dint (do you mean swelling)

Detailed Answer:
AS you mentioned you had cysts that were drained 20 years ago and now you feel a dint (does it mean ?swelling in armpit). Correct me in the follow up if I am wrong.

If there is tiny swelling in armpit that may mean you have a swollen lymph gland that often happens due to some infection or inflammation some where; though at your age a thorough breast examination by family physician is also mandatory to exclude other causes (which can produce some swollen node).
If nothing turns out than you need to get examined by a physician and if he or she feels some tests may be ordered (eg a FNAC) to decide if this lymph node is of real concern.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

With best wishes
Dr Chowhan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor