Have pain in nipples with itchy spots on nipples and breasts. Painful and burning. Suggest?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Question: i have had pains in my nipples for a while now, with wat looks like spots just underneath, it does itch at times, when really painful feels like burning. the white spots are generally on my nipples but do get them around my breasts too.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later

The possible causes for the white spots you mentioned are:
-Montgomery tubercles: the ducts of the glands in breast will be represented by these tubercles on the surface of the breast.
These will present as elevated spots on nipple and areola.
During premenstrual phase they can become painful.
-Fungal infection can cause white spots on the breast.
Inflammatory reaction can lead to pain, burning etc. symptoms.
So you once consult gynecologist, get examined and find out the exact cause for your problem and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 43 minutes later
would this have anything to do with my very irregular periods, the last one i had was beginning of feb.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 hours later

Yes, sometimes hormonal irregularity can lead to breast pain etc.
If there is any possibility of pregnancy, you go for pregnancy test to rule out that.
Then with your doctor's advice you can go for tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding. Tablets containing evening prime-rose oil can help in reliving the breast pain. So with your doctor's advice you can use them.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.