Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have pain in groin and lower back, vomiting. Need to go to emergency room?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1828 Questions
I am experiencing severe pain from the groin to the left lower mid back area. It became more intense after eating a piece of chocolate cake, eventually causing me to vomit. After vomiting, & while on my way to the hospital the pain subsided. I returned home with no pain, but approximately 30 minutes later I am having mild, tolerable pain in the left, lower, mid back area. Yesterday is when these symptoms begin, but I thought I had symptoms of pleurisy symptoms. I am male, 65 years old, athletic, and I've always had a good heart, low cholesterol & low blood pressure.

With the symptoms mentioned, do you see the need to go to the emergency room, or can I wait to see my doctor tomorrow morning? The waiting room of the emergency room was extremely full, and I was feeling good at the time that I was to check in, so decided to go home instead of waiting to be seen this evening.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

The pain you have mentioned is suggestive of a ureteric colic pain.
Ureteric colic pain can sometimes be very severe.
For the time being you take tylenol for pain relief.
You can see your doctor tomorrow morning.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor