Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have lumps on arms, forearms and legs. told to be dead muscle. Concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Hello Doctor, I've lumps on my arms and forearms, a couple on my legs. An year back i consulted a general physician and he told me that it's callous -- something like dead muscle/skin -- and won't harm. But i'm a bit comcerned as the size of lumps hasn't reduced. Pls advice.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply Salicylic acid based creams

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

A callous of the skin also called Corn is a collection of dead skin and occurs due to continuous friction.

Applying Salicylic acid based cream like Salex twice daily over the lesions would help to get rid of the corn.

Hope, I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor