Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Have lump under nipple. Hurts to touch. What is causing this and cure to be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Radiation
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 526 Questions
I am a 48 year old male and both nippels hurt my left one has a lump under it and hurt more than the right one . When i pinch it it feels like it wants to pop like a zit . also when it hurt it makes me a little quwosy
Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.
Can you please mention following details
-Is your breast swelling associated with cracks, fissure or ulceration?
- Do you notice any nipple retraction?
- Is it associated with pain?
-what is the consistency of the swelling? Like hard, firm or soft.
-is there any associated swelling in other part of body (like in armpit)?
-do you have any family history of similar disease?
Please give me these information, I will answer your further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have lump under nipple. Hurts to touch. What is causing this and cure to be done? 14 hours later
No there is no swelling , cracking , retraction . There is just a lump under and next to my left nipple . The lump is kinda firm . No swelling in the armpits no similar disease in the family .
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 11 minutes later

Thanks for update.

Nipple pain in the absence of associated skin and nipple changes is not associated with a serious pathology. However as you are able to feel a lump under the left nipple it needs to be investigated further.

Ultrasound scan/Mammography can give us more hints as to understand the nature of the lesion. I would urge you to visit your doctor's office and plan the test at the earliest.

In the interim warm compresses can give pain relief. And so does analgesics like tylenol pain relief. You can take tylenol twice a day for a few days.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor