Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have lump on bone. Having tingling feeling from knee to foot. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
I have a lump on my XXXXXXX bone.. Only hurts when I press on it. It has been present for 2 weeks. Now feeling tingling up and down from knee to foot. Don't remember hitting anything.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Lump on the XXXXXXX bone that is painful on pressure can be caused by any number of conditions, including infections, inflammation, tumors and trauma. Since there is no history of injury, it can be due to-
1. Abscess or infection.
2. Spontaneous hematoma- due to a bleeding disorder
3. XXXXXXX splints.
4. Muscle sprain or tear.
5. Lipoma or fibroma.
6. Infrapatellar bursitis.
You should have the relevant investigations done like FNAC, x-ray of the area, blood counts done to know the cause of the lump. You should consult an orthopedician for the physical examination and treatment.
Meanwhile you should avoid weight bearing on the foot, provide adequate rest and do a cold compress in the area for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor